Thursday 20 March 2014

Happiness Is...#7

Today is the  International Day of Happiness, and what better way to mark the occasion than with one of my little appreciation posts, looking over the small things which have made me happy over the last week (or so).

As some of you may know, I'm a big advocate for making the most out of life as much as you can. Of course it's hard when you're going through a tough time, or not feeling particularly positive, but focusing on something which made you smile can really make a difference to your day! This is why I write these regular posts - to remind myself and my readers that small things can make a big difference, and to ensure that you have as many of these moments as possible.

What's been making me happy recently?




I took some time out of my lunch hour last week to attend a careers panel for the creative industries, focusing on writing, journalism and publishing. It was a fantastic couple of hours, and really inspired me. Although I am employed at the moment, I feel I should always be pushing myself to experience as much as possible within my job, and as a recent graduate it's great to open my eyes to everything that's out there! I never know what I might find. I'm thinking a lot about my future at the moment and it does worry me sometimes, but panels like this which all the fear away and really make you feel that you can achieve anything you want to.

I stopped for a cheeky white wine spritzer after work with a friend last week - my days are becoming quite monotonous, so it was great to change it up, have a chat and relax for five minutes. Nothing like a mid-week treat, especially in one of my favourite restaurants.

Spring has well and truly sprung, and one of the best things about this time of year are the flowers and, in particular, daffodils. I almost find them more cheerful than sunflowers, and they really brighten my day and remind me of my childhood, when I used to pick them from our garden and pop them around the house. They're everywhere at the moment, and I just can't resist taking photos of them.

I went to Oxford last weekend (I'll be posting a few more posts on this soon!) and it was absolutely beautiful. Not only did I get to spend a few days with one of my closest friends, but I learned so much about the history and architecture of the city. It is truly beautiful, and a very special city. I hope to go back there again.

Whilst in Oxford, I ate. A lot. And as many of you may know, food makes me happy! On the Sunday we went for a delicious, completely home-made brunch, followed by an indulgent cream tea at Patisserie Valerie. As I said, I'll be writing more in this later, but this really is an example of how good food and good company really put a smile on my face.

Happy International Day of Happiness everyone. What's been making you happy recently? Share with me in the comments - or send links to similar posts you've written! I'd love to read them.


Jo
xxx
 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post series!! It's always great to focus on what keeps you happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely feel like it helps, especially when you're having a tough time :) x

      Delete