Wednesday 11 December 2013

The Great Christmas Jumper Hunt

My office is taking part in Save the Chrildren’s Charity Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 13th December and with that just a couple of days away I thought I would share with you my search for the prefect Christmas jumper!

This year, Christmas jumpers seem to be all the rage. Everyone has one, and those who don’t, want one.  From the gaudy (Primark have excelled themselves this year) to the quirky (Christmas cats anyone?) and to the stunningly traditional, there’s something for every personality out there this festive season.

After being told I needed one this year for the Christmas Jumper day at my new job, as well as for Christmas day (my sister has insisted on wearing them for the big day this year!) I went on a knitwear mission.

After browsing online, I found a few little gems to choose from, and I thought I would share some of them with you!:






1. H&M £24.99; 2. Boohoo.com, £15; 3. Tu at Sainsbury's, £22; 4. Next, £28;


To my frustration, many of my choices had sold out in the Black Friday sales, and I was forced to wander the streets of my local town during my designated Big Christmas Shop on Saturday to try and find one that I would be happy to wear pretty much non-stop over the next few weeks.

In the end, I found this gem, and bought it without a second thought:



There were two great things about this jumper. The first is that it is identical to one I wanted from Boohoo which sold out before I could get my mitts on it. The second is that it was a bargain at just £10! I was sorely tempted by the 2 for £15 offer, but none of the others appealed to me, sadly.

I really like the fairisle design and have been wanting a jumper like this for the last year. Originally, I purchased a red one, but found it had a hole in it. The shop happily exchanged it for a green one without any trouble (very good service!) and though this is a M/L, It's so cosy and I don't have to worry about it being too tight and riding up embarrassingly. I'm hoping to get my hands on more fairisle goodies this Christmas!

For those of you wondering where I got it from, I’m afraid it‘s not a bit national store. I bought it from a cheap clothing store called ‘Eyelight’ in the Marlands Shopping Centre, Southampton. However, my top tip is to try these small independent cheap clothing shops for Christmas jumper, because you are likely to find something cute and cosy for a budget price!

I am very excited to get into the festive spirit this year and will no doubt be wearing this 24/7 over the Christmas period! Watch out for a photo of me wearing it at work, which will no doubt pop up on my instagram - you can follow me @jefisher90.

Share your links in the comments if you’ve posted about Christmas jumpers, or have a photo of yours! I can’t wait to see them.

Jo
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment