Sunday 10 August 2014

Sunday Night Bath-time Essentials



Nothing soothes the soul more than a bath - even when it's summer, and it almost feels too hot! I like to make mine into an event, of sorts. After all, if you're going to do it, you should do it properly! Facemasks, bath oils and fresh towels are all essentials for me, as well as a good book and a cup of tea!

On Sundays, I make a point of settling down for a relaxing soak. Lighting a candle is usually the first step; then, running the bath and pouring in bubble bath - last week I used Soap & Glory's Calm One, Calm All, which is light and soothing. Next step; I usually deep clean my face with Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish to get rid of the day's dirt and prepare for a Lush face mask (of course!). At the moment I'm finishing off a pot of BB Seaweed

Once I'm clean and covered in clay (ahh facemasks...) I sink into the warm bubbles and start reading. During my last bath I enjoyed Nathan Filer's The Shock of the Fall (still early days, but gripping so far), sipping on my tea and finishing a Galaxy bar for good measure. 

Then comes the ritual of exfoliating, shaving and cleansing, before clambering out of the bath as pink as a peach and feeling squeaky clean. As a little addition to my ritual last week, I used Lush's Volcano foot mask - slathered all over my feet and left for ten minutes, then washed off to reveal clean and soft feet.

Finally, the moisturising. Last week I used So Natural's Face and Body Oil for the first time (utterly divine - watch this space for a review!) all over my skin, and emerged from the bathroom feeling relaxed, pampered and clean as a whistle - ready for a restful night before a long week.

I have always loved a bath on a Sunday night - there's nothing like a ritual to make you feel better.

What are your bath-time essentials?




3 comments:

  1. Bubbles and jazz music playing on the record player - every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I really enjoy Volcano foot mask and wrapping my feet up in plastic bags hehehe.
    I think I annoy my work colleagues. I don't think a Sunday shift has passed where I haven't said "I cant wait to have a bath tonight."
    I did a kind of similar post for a DIY Spa day on a shoestring if you haven't read it yet? It's http://teainthetub.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/diy-spa-day-on-shoestring.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a bath, but sadly, we don't have a very big bathroom any more, so whenever I try the room always steams up far too quickly and I get too warm and feel like I'm sat in a sauna.

    Also, I've always wondered how people manage to read books whilst also having a bath? Whenever I try I always end up in some weird posture trying desperately not to get my book soaked! Do enlighten me please?

    ReplyDelete