Monday 27 January 2014

Happiness is...(#2)

Each week I look back on the little things that made me happy - to remind myself that the world isn't so bad, even after a hard day.

This week, happiness is....


  • Receiving a surprise present from a colleague at work on Wednesday morning. Beautiful, and incredibly random act of kindness!
  • Celebrating my housemates birthday in our onesies with a huge Dominos Pizza order and very cute cupcakes.
  • Working in London on Monday - a change of scenery on a  beautiful sunny day.
  • Meeting my parents and cousin in London for the day on Saturday - Chelsea and Battersea are just beautiful.
  • Spending Sunday unexpectedly at home thanks to train cancellations. This meant a roast dinner, home comforts, spending time with my family and a delicious marshmallow-y hot chocolate.
  • Starting John Green's The Fault in our Stars - I am only 60 pages in but can tell it'll be one of my favorites!

What made you happy this week?


Jo
xxx
 

6 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post which made me smile! I am glad you had a good time in London - I live very near Battersea and love it! I do a similar post most fridays called Five Things Friday. It is so good to think about the happy things! http://www.londonkat.com/2014/01/five-things-friday-7.html
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I'm glad you liked it :) I really must go back to Battersea soon, it's a lovely place and you're lucky to live so nearby. Thanks for your link, I'll definitely check it out.

      Jo xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi, I just wanted to say that your blog is one of my new favourites! I've just done my Liebster Award blog post and have nominated you as one of the blogs I'd like to pass it onto (hopefully that'll be one of the things that makes you happy this week!!).

    Check it out here: http://www.shabby-chic-home.com/blogging/liebster-award/.

    Victoria, x shabby-chic-home.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks Victoria! That means so much to me, I'm really glad you like it. I've actually answered your questions in a recent blog post, so I hope you enjoy reading it :) It definitely made my week!

      I also love your blog, so thank you for sharing with me :)

      Jo xxx

      Delete
  3. That book from John Green is amazing! I just finished it, although my first language is not English it wasn't that easy for me to read but it's a great book, I won't spoil anything though ;)

    xoxo Anne ~ http://lifeasarollingstone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I can't imagine how tough it is to read a book in another language but I'm so glad you loved it too!

      Jo xxx

      Delete