Saturday 20 June 2015

Taking a break from blogging



I know that She Wears Burgundy has been extremely quiet recently.

It's not unusual for me to write just a couple of blog posts per month - when life gets busy, the last thing I want to be doing is coming home from a day in the office, sat in front of a screen, and spend my evening in exactly the same way.

However, the words that usually flow from my mind onto the digital page through my tapping fingers just haven't been coming, and SWB has seen no posts so far this June. 

I won't go into detail about why - but I wanted to write a little post just to formally say that I have decided to take a little break from blogging. 

I don't know how long for - hopefully not for long - but I need to stop feeling pressure to post when it's the last thing I need. Blogging should be a thing of passion for me, and if I don't enjoy writing, I am sure you will enjoy reading my words even less.

I hope that my excitement for sharing my life experiences and thoughts will return very soon and, with it, my lust for writing. But for now, I'd like to take a little pressure off myself and step away from the blogosphere - a little summer holiday for my mind, body and soul.

I'm not sure I've written this very well, but I wanted to be honest and I also wanted to say it 'out loud', so that you don't think I've just wandered off and forgotten about this blog. 

I really hope you understand - to be honest, I'm not entirely sure my posts will be hugely missed. But when I return, I hope you'll still be there, ready to read what I have to share. I have lots of lovely ideas stored up ready for when the mood takes me, so there is plenty more to come, and I hope you are looking forward to reading them as much as I am looking forward to finally writing them.

But for now...thank you so much for reading my posts, and I am certain that I will be back very, very soon.

x

2 comments:

  1. :( I'll miss you! Sometimes I think I should take a little break for my sanity, I've spent about 7 hours today doing blog related work - not a very restful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck whatever you decide to do :)

    x
    Anastasia
    http://www.natbees.com

    ReplyDelete